The WA Branch spans from Albany and Bunbury in the south to the far north of the Pilbara, with many ports in between.
Western Australia Branch Resources
ShopRite is a discount buying service available to MUA WA members. You can save money on an extensive range of goods and services including electrical and gas appliances, motor vehicles, home and personal goods and entertainment.
ShopRite is a purchasing service exclusive to Western Australian members and have been helping MUA WA members all over the state save money for over 22 years. You’ll find a brief overview of ShopRite services below.
All members must register to use the service. To do so please call ShopRite on 08 9300 1221 or visit shoprite.com.au/register.
- Discounted Electrical/Gas Appliances - All we need from you is the model number & the best price you’ve found. All enquiries can be processed by contacting our team on 08 9300 1221, using the mobile app or logging into your account on the website. We can allocate stock in many locations, including various country areas.
- Motor Vehicle Buying Service - Our experienced vehicle consultants can find you a great deal on your next vehicle. They give expert advice and find you the best price, all without the usual stress and hassle of buying a vehicle. Click here for video testimonials from ShopRite members.
- ShopRite have a business partner network of local businesses that offer a wide range of trades and services to members at discounted prices - see our website for more information on what services are available.
- Save on groceries at Campbell’s Wholesale - Balcatta & Canning Vale Locations.
- Discounted Movie Tickets - to access movie tickets, please contact the ShopRite team on 08 9300 1221.
See your annual ShopRite Savings Directory or visit shoprite.com.au/muawa for more information."
RT Health Fund
Proud to be your union health fund
rt health is the health fund for Australia’s transport and energy industry people. We’re Australian owned, not-for-profit and all about providing our members with great value health cover and personalised service.
MUA and rt health have joined forces to ensure that union members get a great deal on their health insurance.
Join rt health and receive these exclusive benefits:
- Welcome gift of $100 WISH card
- Immediate waiver on all 2 and 3 month waiting periods for both Hospital and Extras
To learn more, call us at 1300 56 46 46 or go to http://www.rthealthfund.com.au/mua
We the undersigned oppose fracking in Western Australia and call on this Government to immediately restore the state-wide moratorium until this issue can be put to a referendum of the people.
Click here to download the petition. Please print off the petition, sign and return the original document to the WA Branch.READ MORE
The Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) has described the McGowan Government’s decision to approve fracking in Western Australia as a betrayal of labour values and is further evidence that the WA ALP Government is more interested in pandering to the interests of big business than looking after ordinary Western Australians.READ MORE
The MUA have published 5000 copies of this brochure explaining why there is no need for an Outer Harbour in Kwinana. Fremantle Port is owned by us all and we will not surrender it to the hands of big developers.
OUTER HARBOUR IN KWINANA - ITS JUST NOT NEEDEDREAD MORE
2019 MUA CFMEU West Coast Conference brings to you “ONE STRONG UNION”
From Tuesday, 26th February until Friday, 1st March 2019 the WA Branch is holding our West Coast Conference. As always, our conference is met with trade unionists from around the country and the world!
There will be great discussions and debate over topics including the CFMMEU, International Solidarity, Committee structures and much more.
The conference week will close with our Gala Ball in the Crown Ballroom on Friday, 1st March 2019. Tickets are on sale now at the subsidised* price of $150 (+GST) per ticket (*the union has discounted the cost of the tickets through sponsorship, to ensure that everyone can attend this fabulous night). Come along, join in the fun and purchase a table of 10 with your workmates, friends and family or treat your partner to a great night out. This is an event you do not want to miss! Please email email@example.com for further information.