2) Meeting with CEO and Deputy CEO of NOPSA
3) RET Crane Competencies Working Group
4) NOPSA Accommodation Working Group
5) The Rudd Government review seeking to harmonise OHS legislation (Acts, Regulations and Guidance material) in Australia
6) Progress with the Bill to establish Safe Work Australia
7) Employment and Workplace Relations Amendment Bill - Seacare
8) Review of NOPSA - no action by Minister Ferguson as yet
9) MO32 Final Submission
The Hon Anthony Albanese, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government and Bill Kelty, Government advisor, company director and former Secretary of the ACTU, will tomorrow launch a book that details the series of influential campaigns for democracy by Australia's seafarers and maritime workers.
The Super Puma is the same type of helicopter used to carry workers to and from work on the North West Shelf and Timor Sea in the Australian oil and gas industry
Today marks the 40th anniversary of the arrival of the first dedicated container ship in Sydney - an event that heralded a new era in shipping which revolutionised world trade.
The Maritime Union has warned that the latest calls for privatisation, both by the NSW Opposition and a former Ferry executive are not in the public interest.
All Australian waterside workers and MUA members have been cleared by the Australian Federal Police and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) with the Maritime Union and Ports Australia yesterday dismissing political allegations by the Federal Opposition of bikie gang or criminal infiltration of the wharves
A new UK report shows how maritime services have helped the local economy with jobs and the nation's gross domestic product