A position has opened up in Sydney for the International Transport Worker's Federation (ITF). Full description below and here.
The Organising Coordinator will:
Work as part of a global campaign team to build union membership and activism across priority companies in the maritime industry.
Supervise, train and lead campaign team staff, local union staff or special project staff under the supervision of the Campaigns Director
Design and implement worker organising plans
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the global campaign team to develop and implement the worker organising plan for the campaign
- Identify and implement local campaign opportunities that support the global campaign
- Supervise, lead, assign, and evaluate campaign organisers including developing their individual work plans
- Develop and implement local organising plans that support the global campaign
- Identify, interview, recommend and train campaign organisers
- Contribute to the development of and the oversight of the campaign budget
The Organising Coordinator position requires a high level of judgment, leadership, and commitment to the goals of the ITF, its affiliates and its leaders.
The Organising Coordinator must:
- Be able to work independently with campaign team members, allies and elected leaders in complex political and local union situations
- Have experience in all elements of an organising campaign, including leading staff and activists, staff supervision, planning, budgeting and project reporting
- Have demonstrated success organising, developing and leading worker campaigns in countries and cultures other than their own
The position is Sydney based but the Organising Coordinator must be available for travel as required by the campaign plan.
The position often requires temporary assignments away from home as well as long and irregular hours and the ability to work across multiple time zones and cultural environments.
Scope and Nature of Supervision:
The Organising Coordinator must be able to act and organise his/her time independently and report regularly to the ITF Campaigns Director, Sydney Office and other union leaders and governance bodies as required.
Overall supervision is exercised through the Campaigns Director.
Criteria for Evaluation:
The Organising Coordinator will be evaluated for their success in carrying out the duties and responsibilities outlined above. Special attention will be paid to their ability to train, motivate, and lead other staff, to plan and execute campaign goals and objectives, to report regularly on their activities, to work effectively with other team members and local leaders, and carry out required objectives in a professional manner.
For questions about this position please contact Shannon O’Keeffe, ITF Campaigns Director, Sydney Office +61 420 928 780
To apply send resume and cover letter with the subject line: Global Worker Organising Coordinator to email@example.com
Applications close 12pm Wednesday 9th March 2016