Progress made, but more work to be done
Following the conciliation meeting under Fair Work Australia with parties from the MUA , Farstad Shipping and representatives, chaired by Commissioner Raffaelli, the MUA's deputy national secretary Mick Doleman makes the following statement.
· The parties met in a constructive atmosphere and progress was made on a number of outstanding issues but there is still more work to be done before an agreement is reached.
· Further dates were set for negotiations of the EBA involving Farstad including November 30, and December 7 and 14.
· Parties agreed the detail of the conciliation talks be kept confidential.
· After a suggestion by the Commissioner parties agreed they would not debate the matter in the media and would continue to work towards an agreeable outcome.
· The MUA has not set down any new dates for further industrial action.
Media Contact: Mick Doleman 0418391528
Michael Meagher: 0410 482367