An exciting and rare opportunity to contribute to the provision of hospitality services and welfare support to international and Australian seafarers visiting the Port of Sydney is available as Centre Manager of the Sydney Seafarers Centre.
Located in close proximity to the Port of Sydney, the Centre offers a range of amenities to visiting seafarers, including welfare services, licensed bar, convenience shop, light meals and a variety of recreational activities. The Centre is part of a global network of similar welfare centres, sponsored by the International Transport Workers Federation (ITF), providing assistance and support to seafarers.
Leading a small team and reporting to the Chairman of the Board, the Centre Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Centre’s operations as well as providing governance advice to the Board.
The responsibilities of the role are varied, including, but not limited to :
• Understanding Responding to the specific welfare needs of seafarers ;
• Developing, delivering and implementing Business and Marketing Plans;
• Providing Secretarial services to a Board;
• Managing all aspects of the Centre’s finances, including annual budget;
• Managing the Centre’s staff and employment terms and conditions;
• Taking responsibility for the Centre’s licensed shop, catering services and licensed bar;
• Ensuring the premises are managed and maintained; and
• Ensuring efficient technology is utilised.
It is essential that applicants must be able to demonstrate relevant experience and qualifications in the following:
• In-depth knowledge of and proven experience within the shipping industry
• Knowledge and understanding of the International Transport Workers Federation (ITF) and its maritime campaigns
• Management of licensed premises and holds Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification
• Knowledge of legislation and regulations that relate to the operation of licenses premises
• Leadership skills that facilitate the development and delivery of Business Plans
• Sound knowledge of Human, Financial and Physical resource management issues
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Absolute discretion and awareness of confidentiality
• Well-development oral and written communication skills (language skills an advantage)
A competitive remuneration, commensurate with experience, including fully-maintained motor vehicle, will be offered to the successful candidate.
For additional information contact: Roger Williams – P :02 8268 8188
Interested applicants apply to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: February 28, 2015
Applicants must be permanent residents and able to work in Australia.